Texas (15-6; 9-5 Big 12) at Kansas (7-13; 3-11 Big 12)
Where: Lawrence, Kan.
Arena: Allen Fieldhouse
Date: Wednesday, Feb. 24
Time: 7 p.m. CT
TV: Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Radio: Longhorn IMG Radio Network (Roger Wallace, Kathy Harston)
All-time Series: Texas leads, 30-11
• SETTING THE STAGE: Texas hits the road for the second of a four-game swing in nine days, as the Longhorns face Kansas on Wednesday at historic Allen Fieldhouse. UT bested the Jayhawks, 79-72, when the teams faced off in Austin in January.
• SERIES HISTORY: The Longhorns holds a 30-11 advantage of Kansas in the all-time series between the schools. The series tightens when the schools meet in Lawrence, with the Horns holding an 11-7 advantage in Allen Fieldhouse. UT has won four of its last five road games against KU.
• TURNING THEM OVER: Texas’ pressure defense has made an impression on the national and Big 12 stats rankings this year. UT forced a season-high 35 turnovers in a win over SMU on Nov. 25, and created 34 turnovers in its Big 12 opener at Kansas State on Dec. 21. As a result, the Longhorns lead the Big 12 in turnovers forced per game (+19.76) and turnover margin (+6.14). UT’s +6.14 turnover margin is the 14th-best mark nationally this season.
• CREATING OFFENSE FROM DEFENSE: Texas is utilizing its defense to create offense this season, as the Longhorns has scored at least 20 points off turnovers in 11 games this season. The Longhorns posted a season-high 39 points off turnovers in the season opener versus SMU, and hit the 30-point mark in three-straight outings against Drake (33 points), at Kansas State (38 points) and against Lamar (32 points). Texas is 9-1 when scoring at least 20 points off turnovers this year.
• CHASING CHARLI: Preseason National Player of the Year candidate Charli Collier has put up All-America numbers this season, averaging 21.2 points (No. 22 nationally/No. 3 Big 12) and 12.5 rebounds (No. 4/No. 1) per game. She has posted 15 double-doubles this year, the second most of any Division I player and ranks near the top of several statistical categories. Most notably, she is 14th in field goals made (156), 12th in final points (446), third in free throws made (123), third in offensive rebounds per game (5.1) and third in total rebounds (262).