Petrol and Diesel Rate Today in Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderabad: Prices of Petrol and Diesel were once again hiked, making it the 10th time rates have been increased so far this month. Petrol in Delhi today costs Rs 92.85 per litre, up 27 paise from yesterday. Meanwhile, diesel in the capital city costs Rs 83.51 litre today, an increase of 29 paise. Petrol price in Delhi has increased by Rs 2.45 so far in May, while diesel price has surged Rs 2.78 per litre. Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL), Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) revise the fuel prices on a daily basis in line with benchmark international price and foreign exchange rates.
Mumbai’s petrol cost is the highest across major cities at Rs 99.14 per litre. Diesel in the country’s financial capital costs Rs 90.71 per litre. Petrol rates in Mumbai are inching closer to the Rs 100 mark. Sri Ganganagar district of Rajasthan had the costliest petrol and diesel in the country at Rs 103.80 per litre and Rs 96.30 a litre, respectively. The divergence in prices between Delhi and Mumbai is owing to different prices in different cities. Petrol and Diesel prices are fixed on the basis of freight charges, local taxes, and VAT.
Petrol, diesel prices in Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, UP, Punjab, Haryana, Pune
- Chennai: Petrol prices – Rs 94.54 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 88.34 per litre
- Kolkata: Petrol prices – Rs 92.692per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 86.35 per litre
- Pune: Petrol prices – Rs 98.77 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 88.96 per litre
- Bengaluru: Petrol prices – Rs 95.94 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 88.53 per litre
- Hyderabad: Petrol prices – Rs 96.50 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 91.04 per litre
- Noida (UP): Petrol prices – 90.66 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 83.97 per litre
- Mohali (Punjab): Petrol prices – Rs 95.05 per litre; Diesel prices – 86.41 per litre
- Chandigarh: Petrol prices 89.31 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 83.17 per litre
- Gurugram (Haryana): Petrol prices – Rs 90.73 per litre; Diesel prices – Rs 84.09 per litre
Crude Oil price climb
Crude oil prices were seen climbing higher on Tuesday morning. US WTI crude was up 1.4% at $66.27 per barrel, while Brent crude futures gained 1.1% to trade at $69.46 per barrel, according to Reuters.