View the full playlist from the meeting on our YouTube Channel.
This special late-breaking session on COVID-19 provided the audience with deeper insights into the latest developments in the COVID-19 response. A diverse panel spoke to the whole experience on dealing with this pandemic—from US to international, to the state of diagnostic, treatment and vaccine development, to the importance of communication. The session was chaired by NAM President Victor Dzau; panelists provided their own perspective and experience on dealing with this pandemic and included:
- Jeremy Farrar, Director, Wellcome Trust
- Anthony S. Fauci, Director, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Sanjay Gupta, Chief Medical Correspondent, CNN
- George F. Gao, Director-General, Chinese Center for Disease Control & Prevention
- Susan R. Weiss, Professor of Microbiology, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania)
- Richard J. Hatchett, CEO, Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations